Saturday, April 22, 2006

What if... Judas had not hung himself from that tree?



Deze zomer las ik The Vision and The Vow van Pete Greig, waarover ik geloof ik al eens meer heb gezegd dat het voor mij een life-changing boek was. Er zit een prachtig hoofdstuk in The Vision & The Vow over Judas. Over wat er gebeurd zou zijn als Judas zich niet opgehangen had, maar in staat was geweest een aantal dagen langer te worstelen met zijn demonen. Hoe zou Judas gereageerd hebben op Jezus' opstanding?

Enorm mooi verhaal! Over hoe de ergste zonde door Jezus toch vergeven wordt. Het is een enorm "what if..."-verhaal natuurlijk, want de geschiedenis is anders gelopen, maar het stelt toch goeie vragen en maakt een heel duidelijk punt. Ik vond het daarom erg leuk om te zien dat juist dit verhaal in de 24-7 Prayer nieuwsbrief van afgelopen week stond. En helemaal mooi dat dit verhaal ook is gepubliceerd op de 24-7 Website...

Een ander verhaal over vergeving comes to mind, uit The Ragamuffin Gospel, ook erg mooi:

Perhaps you've heard this story: Several years ago in a large city in the faar West, rumors spread that a certain Catholic woman was having visions of Jesus. The reports reached the archbishop. He decided to check her out. There is always a fine line between the authentic mystic and the lunatic fringe.
"Isn't it true, ma'am, that you have visions of Jesus?" asked the cleric.
"Yes", the woman replied simply.
"Well, the next time you have a vision, I want you to ask Jesus to tell you the sins that I confessed in my last confession."
The woman was stunned. "Did I hear you right, bishop You actually want me to ask Jesus to tell me the sins of your past?"
"Exactly. Please call me if anything happens."
Ten days later the woman notified her spiritual leader of a recent apparition. "Please come", she said.
Within the hour the archbishop arrived. He trusted eye-to-eye contact. "You just told me on the telephone that you actually had a vision of Jesus. Did you do what I asked?"
"Yes, bishop, I asked Jesus to tell me the sins you confessed in your last confession."
The bishop leaned forward with anticipation. His eyes narrowed.
"What did Jesus say?"
She took his hand and gazed deep into his eyes. "Bishop", she said, "there are His exact words: 'I CAN'T REMEMBER'."


Later!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?