Thursday, February 09, 2006

Do It Yourself!



Voor een concert van "Hermanos Verhagen" (waarschijnlijk binnenkort hernoemd naar "Herman" (wat vind je daarvan trouwens?)) ben ik wat oud CD-materiaal aan het luisteren, waaronder "Live at Flevo with Q-Stone" van Larry Norman (live-album, opgenomen op het Nederlandse Flevo Totaal Festival in 1989). Het was altijd gebruikelijk om op 'Flevo' met vlaggen te lopen (en een gozer liep ook altijd met een kruis!), wat Larry Norman verleidde tot het volgende intro-praatje:

I see the American flag, I see the Dutch flag, I see U2’s flag.

And people always say, “Why doesn’t a Christian brother and his band cross over and talk about Jesus?”. And I see U2’s flag and I say, “It’s been done”. Bob Dylan did it, we didn’t like it, told him to stop, we didn’t believe him. U2’s done it, some others say, “Well, they’re not doing it enough”.

Hey look, they’re them, you’re you, I’m me. If you don’t think they’re doing it right, then let’s go fill in for them. Let’s not leave it up to Billy Graham to come out here, let’s not leave it up to U2 to come out here, let’s not leave it up to Bob Dylan to raise up… Let’s go ourselves, go into the world and preach the gospel.


Da's taal!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?